• Work independently for the Geotechnical services i.e.
i) planning of ground investigation works,
ii) deep and shallow foundation design,
iii) deep excavation/basement/earth retaining walls design including bracings and tie-backs
iv) soft clay engineering, reclamation and ground treatment,
v) soil and rock slope engineering,
vii) forensic/failure investigations and remedial proposals
• Lead a team of geotechnical engineers and other staff in supporting multi-disciplinary projects.
• Perform all necessary geotechnical duties from the masterplan, preliminary, conceptual design stage until project completion.
• Prepare and/or review Geotechnical Assessment Reports and all other related geotechnical reports.
2. Design and Drawing Preparation
• Prepare and/or guide cost estimation, preliminary design and detailed engineering design for Geotechnical Works.
• Coordination works with relevant technical divisions.
• Prepare and/or guide specifications and bill of quantities where applicable.
• Prepare and/or guide design calculations in accordance with all relevant codes, standards and Authorities’ requirements.
3. Tender Document and Tender Evaluation
• Assist Managing/Lead Divisions in preparing Tender Document comprising specifications, bill of quantities where applicable.
• Assist Managing/Lead Divisions in preparing Tender Evaluation Report with recommendation to Client on acceptance of tender.
4. Business Development
• Build and maintain good relationship with Clients.
• Prepare consultancy Expression of Interest and Consultancy Proposals.
• Carry out sales and marketing to secure project.
5. Management and Administration
• Carry out management and administration functions within division as directed
• Carry out management and administration activities within company as directed
• Improve efficiency of Division
6. Training and Self-Development
• Review Subordinates’ and peers’ output and provide guidance to Subordinates
• Act as mentor to Subordinates
• Conduct on-the-job training for subordinates
• Develop capabilities in specialist/niche field of consultancy services undertaken by Division
• Attend meetings and coordinate with all other internal and external design team members
• Carry out site visits and/or site supervision as necessary to ensure works are installed in accordance with contract documentation and good engineering practice.
• Involve in company’s activities including corporate social responsibility activities.
• Undertake professional endorsement of drawings and documents for projects managed by him/her
• To carry out all tasks related to Minconsult’s operation as directed.
• Manage the company’s compliance with all policies, activities, procedures and instructions as relevant and required by the current management system, including quality and environmental management, safety and health of division’s workplace and projects.
• Degree in Civil Engineering recognized by Board of Engineers, Malaysia (BEM).
• Master’s Degree in Soil Mechanics/Geotechnical Engineering recognized by Board of Engineers, Malaysia (BEM).
• Registered with BEM as a Professional Engineer with Practicing Certificate.
• Minimum 20 years of relevant experience in a consultancy environment.
• Able to work independently for all types and sizes of projects in relations to geotechnical support.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize workloads and meet timelines.
• Good inter-personal skills and outcome driven. A good team player.
• Good command of written and spoken English. Able to write and speak Bahasa Malaysia