1. Conducting transportation studies from initial assessments to the deliverables. Our studies include:
• Transportation / Highway Feasibility Studies
• Conceptual engineering design for Transportation /Highway (Alignment)
• Urban & Regional Transportation Studies
• Transport Masterplan Studies
• Traffic & Transport Modelling
• Traffic Engineering;
• Traffic Impact Assessment (TIA)
• Construction Traffic Planning & Management; and
2. Some of the project-related roles and responsibilities include:
• Site recce, planning and conducting traffic surveys, data processing and analysis
• Developing and calibration of traffic simulations models for macro, messo and microscopic analysis.
• Prepare, review and comment on the feasibility study, design brief, and preliminary engineering design.
• Prepare and conduct presentations to the clients and Authorities on study findings
• Documentation of technical reports
3. Other responsibilities/opportunities include:
• Participating in research and development works on emerging technologies / sustainable mobility solutions.
• Participating in business development works
4. Some training/skills required to achieve the roles and responsibilities are:
• Familiarisation with traffic analysis tools/software and their application (e.g. SIDRA, EMME,VISSIM and VISWALK, VISUM)
• Familiarisation with road/Highway software- MX Road, Civil 3D, Open Road
• Familiarisation with Malaysia transport guidelines standards (e.g. TIA Guideline, ATJ, REAM)
• Degree in Civil Engineering and Transportation Engineering recognized by Board of Engineers, Malaysia (BEM).
• Registered with BEM as a Professional Engineer with Practicing Certificate (PEPC).
• Conversant with codes and regulations
• Able to work independently for all types and sizes of projects comprising Transport / Highway.
• Minimum 15-20 years of experience in the similar capacity with strong planning, organizational and supervision skills
• Knowledge of transportation modelling software packages will be an advantage
• Able to lead a team of engineers and other staff in undertaking a multi-disciplinary project.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize workloads and meet timelines.
• Good interpersonal skills and outcome drove. A good team player.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Good command of written and spoken Bahasa Malaysia.