To play an important role in modelling, designing, and delivering a wide range of high-profile transport infrastructure and transport planning projects.
• Provide traffic engineering and transport modelling advice and services to drive projects forward and deliver upon the expectations of the client.
• Work on a diverse range of projects including traffic engineering design, intersection and network modelling, corridor and planning studies, car park assessment, transport and traffic operations and transport infrastructure planning with limited supervision.
• Preparing, contributing, and reviewing technical reports and other project outputs
• Inputs to projects involving highway capacity analysis, traffic signal design, SIDRA Intersection analysis, EMME, VISSIM and VISWALK, VISUM, AIMSUN network modelling (micro, meso), and other related traffic engineering,
• Liaising with clients and other project stakeholders and
• Provide mentoring, guidance, and technical advice to junior staff to up-skill and assist in their professional development.
Some training/skills required to achieve the roles and responsibilities are:
• Familiarisation with traffic analysis tools/software and their application (e.g. SIDRA, EMME,VISSIM and VISWALK, VISUM)
• Familiarisation with road/Highway software- MX Road, Civil 3D, Open Road
• Familiarisation with Malaysia transport guidelines standards (e.g. TIA Guideline, ATJ, REAM)
• Degree in Civil Engineering and Transportation Engineering recognized by Board of Engineers, Malaysia (BEM).
• Registered with BEM
• Conversant with codes and regulations
• Able to work independently for all types and sizes of projects comprising Transport / Highway.
• Minimum 8-12 years of experience in the similar capacity with strong planning, organizational and supervision skills
• Knowledge of transportation modelling software packages will be an advantage
• Able to lead a team of engineers and other staff in undertaking a multi-disciplinary project.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize workloads and meet timelines.
• Good interpersonal skills and outcome drove. A good team player.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Good command of written and spoken Bahasa Malaysia.