He/she will be responsible for:
• Oversee the design of projects involving provision of potable water and stormwater management.
• Review existing feasibility studies prepared by others and address any gaps or deficiencies for water supply system.
• Review proposals, plans, or design related to proposed water treatments systems.
• Review project land acquisition and resettlement plan.
• Review and recommend water quality objectives and standards for water discharges and potable water uses, and treatment recommendations.
• Identify design alternatives for the development of new water resources.
• Conduct cost-benefit analysis for the construction of water supply systems, runoff collection networks, and water treatment plants.
• Analyse and recommend chemical, biological, or other treatment methods to prepare water for potential re-use.
• Review the design of water treatment facilities, pumping stations, storage, reservoirs, and distribution and collection systems that meet regulatory standards and water runoff collection networks, water supply channels or water supply system networks, and confirm designs using modelling techniques.
• Prepare comprehensive tender documentation package based on FIDIC ‘Conditions of Contract for the preferred procurement approach including ‘Employers Requirements’, detailed performance specifications and conditions of tender.
- Bachelor‘s in Civil Engineering/ water resources engineering, hydraulic engineering, public health engineering, environmental Engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering or equivalent (internationally recognized professional qualification).
- A master’s qualification in the above disciplines will be preferable.
- He/she will have 15 years of experience as a Water Treatment Design Engineer on major surface water treatment projects.