We are seeking a skilled and dedicated Town Planner to join team. As a Town Planner, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing the town planning aspects of construction projects. Your role will involve coordinating with regulatory authorities, designing efficient land use plans, and ensuring compliance with zoning regulations and urban development policies.
- Develop and execute town planning strategies and policies that align with project objectives and legal requirements.
- Ensure compliance with local and national zoning regulations, building codes, and environmental regulations.
- Conduct site assessments to evaluate the feasibility of construction projects, considering factors such as site topography, infrastructure, and environmental impact.
- Manage the application and acquisition of permits and approvals from local authorities and agencies.
- Collaborate with local communities, stakeholders, and residents to address concerns, provide information, and maintain positive relationships.
- Develop land use plans that optimize the use of available space while considering environmental and sustainability principles.
- Work closely with architects, engineers, and other professionals to integrate town planning requirements into construction projects.
- Assess and mitigate the environmental impact of construction activities, ensuring compliance with environmental regulations.
- Contribute to the design and layout of urban areas to enhance functionality, aesthetics, and sustainability.
- Analyze demographic and geographic data to support project decision-making and future growth projections.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and documentation for internal and external stakeholders.
- A degree in urban planning, town planning, or a related field is required.
- Must have 3 – 4 years of experience in town planning, urban development, or related roles, with a strong understanding of engineering / construction projects.
- In-depth knowledge of local and national zoning regulations, building codes, and environmental laws.