REDEVELOPMENT OF ALOR Setar
The Government of Malaysia, in year 2002, intends to redevelop the airport at Alor Setar to handle aircraft up to and including the Airbus 330 aircraft.
Government of Malaysia
RM 78 Million
Brief Project Description
The Government has invited Road Builder Bhd as a ‘design and build’ Contractor, through tendering process, to undertake the investigation, detailed design, construction, installation, completion, testing, commissioning and maintenance of the redevelopment. Minconsult was thereafter appointed Engineer by Road Builder to be responsible for the design of the redevelopment works.
The scope of works include the:
- extension of the existing runway of 1963m to 2745m with 45m runway width and 7.5m shoulder on both sides;
- strengthening of the existing runway pavement to accommodate the A330 aircraft;
- new aircraft parking apron and taxiway;
- perimeter roads;
- ground treatment and drainage system;
- new Aerodrome Ground Lighting and Instrument Landing System;
- all mechanical and electrical works including sub-stations, required for the normal operation of the Airport; and
all designed to International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) standards.